Your are here | SCJ Blogs
February 19, 2019
Supreme Court Jesters Blogs Minimize

LOL 2011 - 2012

Sep 09 2011

With the start of another school year comes the start of another year of LOL.  LOL is the juggling / magic team of middle schoolers at Windham Christian Academy, where I teach.  I am the middle school teacher as well as the LOL 'coach'.  That means I face the challenge of trying to keep 16 young teenagers focused on History, Math and Language Arts 95% of the time when their attention is on how they juggle flaming objects and magically produce rabbits from empty boxes the other 5% of their week.  I wouldn't have it any other way!

This year's team is showing so much promise already.  Even though we only have three returning students, the new students have been practicing their juggling and diaboloing over the summer and many are excelling.  We also have a group of talented musicians who will bring an additional element to LOL this year. 

Our first show is on September 27 at a Portland nursing home.  This is a great setting for a first gig.  It is a welcoming, appreciative group, and it gives the students an experience interacting with a population of people they might not otherwise meet.  Later in the year we will perform at a psychiatric hospital, children's home, inner city mission, and other unique settings.  I can already tell it will be a successful, high energy year!

A Few Testimonies Minimize


The presentation was fun and encouraging... The gospel message was clear and encouraging. I purchased your book and just finished it. Your scope is broad and again encouraging. May God continue to bless your ministry. I will encourage others to read your book. -Parishioner of a local church

"Hey, I  wanted to say that was a great message in chapel today! It touched something:) thanks for doing it!" -High School Student  

"We are so grateful that you brought your amazing ministry back to our church this year... The Gospel message you bring applies to all!  It is such a positive, valuable work that you do."  -Coordinator of Christian Ed. UCC Church

"There's no questioning it. This is powerful stuff. It's extremely touching at times, never less than entertaining, and I see a lot of sincere love for Jesus in you guys."  -Dwight Lilies, song writer

The Lord has given you a wonderful window through which to present the Gospel!   - Field Director of Alliance Missions to Paraguay

"What a wonderful ministry to both children and adults.  In past years it has been a struggle to arrange programing that would hold the attention of all ages, but also challenge each heart with God's gift of Salvation.  Thank you for sharing your ministry."  -Sunday School Sup't.

Archive Minimize

Tag Cloud Minimize